If you are trying to get pregnant, there is a lot more to consider than just having regular intercourse. The food that you eat and the drinks that you choose can have an impact on your chances of conceiving. Making sure that your diet contains all of the necessary vitamins and minerals for conception is essential, but there are also certain foods and beverages which may be a hindrance in getting pregnant. Read on to discover what not to include in your diet, as per Matt Teeple, if you’re on the path toward pregnancy!
Matt Teeple Lists The Foods To Avoid When You Are Trying To Get Pregnant
1. Alcohol: According to Matt Teeple, the consumption of alcohol during pregnancy is known to be dangerous and potentially damaging to the fetus, so it’s important to avoid it while trying to conceive as well. Even small amounts of alcohol can affect sperm production in men and interfere with ovulation in women, leading to infertility or difficulty conceiving. In addition, drinking too much alcohol over a long period of time can increase the risk of miscarriage or birth defects. It’s best to avoid all forms of alcohol if you are trying to get pregnant.
2. Caffeine: Studies have found that caffeine intake over 300 milligrams daily has been linked to increased risks for fertility problems, ectopic pregnancies (when the fertilized egg implants outside the uterus), and miscarriage. Therefore, it’s important to avoid or limit your intake of caffeinated beverages and foods while trying to conceive. Instead, aim for natural, decaffeinated tea or coffee, or opt for caffeine-free drinks like water or herbal teas.
3. Trans Fats: Trans fats are found in a variety of processed foods such as fried foods and baked goods. Eating a diet high in trans fats has been linked to lower fertility rates in both men and women due to its effect on hormones and blood sugar levels. It is best to avoid all types of trans fat if you are trying to get pregnant by avoiding processed junk food that contains hydrogenated oil as an ingredient.
4. Processed Meats: Processed meats such as bacon, hot dogs, and sausage contain preservatives that may be harmful to your fertility. These preservatives can interfere with the production of hormones necessary for conception and can also increase inflammation in the body, making it difficult for a woman’s eggs to implant. It is best to avoid processed meats when trying to get pregnant and opt for lean proteins like chicken and fish instead.
5. High Mercury Fish: Some types of fish are high in mercury, which is toxic to both adults and fetuses, says Matt Teeple. Eating too much mercury-rich seafood can lead to problems with fertility or cause harm during pregnancy. Instead, choose low-mercury options such as salmon, tilapia, shrimp, scallops, pollock, catfish, and canned light tuna.
Matt Teeple’s Concluding Thoughts
In conclusion, when trying to get pregnant, it is important, as per Matt Teeple, to avoid or limit the intake of certain foods that may affect your fertility or cause harm during pregnancy. Avoiding alcohol, caffeine, trans fats, processed meats, and high-mercury fish will help ensure that your pregnancy goes smoothly and increase your chances of conceiving successfully.